While your home is a place you want to be the safest in, the reality is that there are many dangers inside the house that can cause serious harm to you and your loved ones. From dust to bacteria, there are many dangers that you need to address. However, the biggest problem with this is that they are almost impossible to catch with the naked eye. Many of these dangers are invisible to us, meaning that you don’t know the danger’s there until it is too late.
Regardless, you still need to tackle these invisible dangers, and so to help you out, we want to share with you the dangers you may experience at home and how to deal with them:
1. Carbon Monoxide Build up
This is the most dangerous of all the invisible dangers at home. Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless chemical that causes carbon monoxide poisoning, which will eventually lead to death. To deal with this, place a carbon monoxide detector near the sleeping area of your home. This device will be your first line of defence against carbon monoxide build up. When the detector goes off, it will warn you of the danger.
2. Dust mites
When you are asleep, house dust mites are thriving. These creatures can cause serious allergic reactions, asthma and other respiratory problems. To deal with this, you want to make sure that you wash your bedding and pillows at least once a week. Wash them in extra hot water. If you don’t have the money for a hot water wash, then you can get a bed encasement to encase the mattress and pillows to reduce the exposure of these creatures.
Mould is another invisible danger inside your home. Mould can cause serious respiratory problems and even more dangerous health complications. The most common mould growth is underneath your refrigerator, and this is the main mould source in the house. If you suspect that there is mould growth in your home, you need to contact a professional to deal with it. It is a complicated procedure that you can’t do on your own.